Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Think Happy Thoughts

As many of you have probably already noticed, I am a huge believer in positive energy. That's not to say I can do it all the time ... it's really hard ... but I know that the more positive you put out, the more you get back. It's the law of attraction. Sometime when I'm not trying to scarf down a lunch I'll write a monster "here I am on my soap box" type of post. Today, I just want to share with you some ways you can spread the love. Seriously, it will make your life better!
  • See my blog roll to the left? Click on those blogs. COMMENT on those blogs! We here in the blogging world crave positive feedback. Plus, the more you comment the more exposure you give yourself for others to see YOU. Win win! 
  • Take time today to sit with yourself. Call it prayer, meditation, or simply "quiet time." Let your mind take a break. Even 5 minutes will help you breathe easier.
  • DONATE to my new blog friend's, Suzanne, Run For The Cure to benefit breast cancer research. We can all spare $5 (morning cup of coffee!) to help such an amazing program. 
  • Remember that we all struggle. Especially in this weight loss community. I always tell myself, "Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional." Live it. 
  • Send an email, text, snail mail, or phone call in the direction of someone you've lost touch with. Just say hi. You never know when they might need it.
  • Take part in Operation Beautiful... or at least check out the website. It is changing people's lives everywhere.
Go spread the love <3

7 comments:

  1. Perfection miss emily, perfection. you have the soul of a much older person :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous post! I seem to race through some days like I'm trying to get to the end of them and at the end I wonder why I did that! A few minutes o yourself makes the world of difference.

    Thanks for the donation shout out, I really appreciate it!

    Going to take a minute to breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about positivity. It can be tough at times though, to fly the uplifting flag :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder. I am all too often not thinking positively and that is something I would like to change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled here from twitter and wanted to say I really appreciate your honest and positive spin on things. It's very refreshing. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I came to your blog through Skinny Emmie's awesome site. I think positivity is really important and key to moving forward an embracing who you are (I really struggle with this) I love the tone of your blog and can't wait to read more

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for the fabulous words of encouragement. Since I'm fairly new to this whole "public blogging" thing, (was previously on Blog to Lose)it really means a lot to me. I'm so glad to have you all as readers! I'm checking out your blogs ASAP (if I haven't already, ha)

    D - isn't Skinny Emmie the best? She's such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I'll try to respond in a timely fashion!