WOW – it’s October already. I can not believe it! I’m seriously trying very hard to get into a blogging “schedule” of sorts. Working a full time job and then coming home and taking care of the little one tends to zap all my brain power these days. Not to mention stealing all my time away. I’ve been meaning to blog about a handful of things, so here’s a “short list” of some updates!
- In one year I will be married. EEEK! *insert irrational fears about fitting into a dress* I’m not one of those people that will starve themselves just to look stunning. *although I wish I could be one of those people sometimes* I just want to be 40lbs lighter… okay, maybe 50 … er … 80. FINE We’ll just round up to 100. and 40.
- I’m craving focus. I always feel very inspired by the fall season; needing everything to be working like a well-oiled machine. I’ll suddenly wake up in the night thinking “could I make an excel chart that tracks my wasted time so I can schedule that time more efficiently?” Yes, I know how bonkers that sounds. Believe me – I’m all bark and no bite. If you saw my bedroom floor (picture MOUNDS of clothes that are clean? dirty? do they even fit?) you would see that I spend much more time planning on being organized than actually doing it.
- Which is why I LOVE making lists.
- I must make an effort to participate in Fitblog this week! I MUST!
- I won my very first blog award! I’m so excited, and a little ashamed that it took me so long to find out about it. I was reading through my 150 GReader updates and came across Brittany’s blog. I love her writing – very honest and down-to-earth. I love blogs where you really feel like a REAL person is on the other end. At any rate, she was kind enough to pass along this award to me!
1. Thank the person who gave it to you.
Thank you SO much, Brittany! You made my whole month with this award! Hopefully it will push me to keep blogging on a regular basis. I’m so thankful for the readers I have, especially you!
2. Sum up your blog philosophy in five words.
Being Honest About My Struggles
3. Pay it forward by nominating ten more awesome bloggers.
Jessie @ http://www.bitesnpieces.com/
Jess @ http://www.halfofjess.com/
Maggie @ http://maggieslosingit.blogspot.com/
Rebecca @ http://www.roseyrebecca.com/
Kristina @ http://spabettie.com/
How do I not know her name? @ http://mercade.wordpress.com/
- Today I officially started my dietitian’s plan. I cooked all my meals for the week last night, which was way easier than I thought. I’m very excited and nervous to be starting this venture, and I’m praying that it pays off. Stay tuned for a full-plan disclosure soon! Today’s lunch and dinner menu? Cajun shrimp and spinach salad, baked apples w/cinnamon, grilled lemon pepper chicken, roasted asparagus, and a strawberry breeze smoothie. Doesn’t sound too bad, eh?
Peace and Love <3
PS - I'm fiddling around with the layout of this site, too. Eventually I'll get this whole thing figured out!!